The Earth is a place of Glory for God! St. Marie Eugenie

October 27, 2010

Reflections from the Asian Formation Session

“0-10 years” After Final Vows: Asian Formation Session
October 12-25, 2010, Bangkok; Thabom, Thailand
Reflections of the Indian Sisters
(as compiled)

Expression of thanksgiving

I am grateful to God and to the Congregation for the opportunity given me to participate in the Asian formation program in Bangkok, Thailand.  It was a golden chance for me to go through the experience of ‘living transitions’ in my life. It was an experience of joyfully coming home to God, my self, community, and nature only to rest upon the shoulders of Jesus through the love, joy, peace, family spirit and internationality of our Congregation. It was a healing experience, helping me to realize the very presence of God in the time of my transition experiences. God was walking with me and at times He was carrying me so I could find the ‘endings.’ I felt enriched and relaxed, yet at the same time challenged.

The session was a time to relax with God, with my Sisters and a time to be with myself. As I leave, I feel my bag is filled with so many new things but not heavy.  So is my heart. I do thank my small community members for listening and supporting me. My heartfelt gratitude goes to all those who accompanied us during the retreat, all the formators who walked with us on our journey. Thanks to each and every Sister of Bangkok and Thabom communities for making our stay in Thailand memorable and beautiful.

As a whole I felt very happy that we were recognized by the Congregation.

Cultural Exposure

The cultural exposure helped me discover the beauty of Thailand and the Thai culture. These elements reminded me of the Creator and the creativity of God and His creative gift of human beings. I also could learn many things about Buddhism and its beauty.

Family Spirit and Internationality

I experienced the family spirit of our Congregation, too, by living with the Sisters of different nationalities. Though we were different from different countries we could love, laugh, share, support, understand and relax with each other as Sisters. Love, sensitivity and attentiveness created the family spirit.

Living Transitions, the Module

The two weeks we spent together was an experience of transition. Though the timetable was flexible, I experienced a flow in everything. There were transitions in everything and everywhere.  The acceptance and readiness to change helped me go forward. The sharing in the small communities was life-giving and an inspiration to accept the new beginnings in faith. I could open up myself and share my own experience with my Sisters in the group.  It also helped me look into my transitional experience.

The invitation to be a contrast person, woman and a religious was a real challenge for me. Restructuration as I have come to understand it is promoting the common good of the Congregation.  

The meetings with the Buddhist monks were a new experience for me. It challenged me to practice the virtue of non-violence in every aspect of my life.

Retreat Experience

Though I got disturbed with the schedule, I entered the prayer in a peaceful way. It is an invitation to enter into God’s heart and also the affirmation that I am God’s temple. Jesus will continue as my “WAY” in different levels, like entering into God’s heart, becoming the temple to be a contrast person, to build a contrast community, to establish God’s kingdom.

The two days of retreat was a journey with Jesus. I recognized Jesus as my “WAY” and I am convinced that he will be always with me to guide me.

I felt Jesus is the “LIFE” for me. I experienced the invitation of Jesus to “come to me” and “abide in me.” I became aware that I am a ‘precious child’ in the hands of God which then made me realize that my call is a ‘gift’ given me by Jesus.

Realizations/ Observations

This session made me aware of the transitions that take place in my life, in my community, in the Congregation, in the Church and in the world at large. I really felt that our Congregation is very beautiful working with different types of people: tribals, school children, youth , old, sick, street children and so on.

It was also a very beautiful experience to discover the presence of God, being with the Sisters of Bangkok and Thabom communities and the people around. I saw these communities as communities marked by faith, love, joy and sacrifice.

I realize that when things are prepared with prayer, sacrifice and hardwork, it is easy to get into and get through.

The session has inspired me to be deeply rooted in Jesus Christ, to live my community life with love, joy and sacrifice and to work for the kingdom of God with zeal and creativity. I realize that nothing can separate us from the love of Christ if we have deep faith and love in Him and do what He wants us to do.

If some women like the Bikkhunis can make the earth like heaven, how beautiful and wonderful the heaven God has made!

Thailand is a place like Kerala in India. So I felt that I am back to my native place. The love of the villagers helped me to recognize the innocent love of Jesus.

Challenges

The session helped me understand how God guided and walked with me in my life. Now I am convinced that the living transition is a plan of God to establish His kingdom in my life and in others. This gives me more courage to give life to myself and to others through my service and my being. This experience will also help me understand my Sisters in my community who go through the same transition in their own life.


Prepared by:
Sr. Preeti Earath
Sr. Jessy John Kandankariyil House
Sr. Sara Polisetty
Sr. Shainy John Madhathil
Sr. Smitha Mailiakel
Sr. Shanty Vadakkeolikkal

No comments:

Post a Comment